Helms Facility - Special Medical Inmate Search and Prison Information

Updated on: March 2, 2020
404-624-2413
1275 Constitution Road SE, Atlanta, GA, 30316

Helms Facility - Special Medical inmate search: Mugshots, Charges, Warrant, Disposition, Issuing Auth, Bookings, Complaint, Description of Charges, Case Records, Booking Date, Arrests, Release Date, Case Records, Charges, Liens and Judgments, Charges, Statute, Statute, Race, Who's in jail, Personal Description, Bond, Cell Location, Jail Roster.


The Helms Facility – Special Medical is situated in Atlanta, Georgia. The Helms Facility – Special Medical is under the careful watch of the Georgia Department of Corrections. The day to day operations and the management of the Helms Facility – Special Medical will be closely monitored by the Georgia Department of Corrections to ensure the facility will meet and surpass both national and state standards.

First and foremost, the Helms Facility – Special Medical is a medium-security prison. The Helms Facility – Special Medical is situated in the Appalachian Region of Dekalb County in the Eastern portion of Georgia.

The Helms Facility – Special Medical first started being constructed back in January of 1986. The site had a groundbreaking ceremony lead by the Governor Martha Layne Collins.

Since the Helms Facility – Special Medical was being built to relieve some of the other areas facilities, the Helms Facility – Special Medical was going to be built in two separate phases. The first phase was officially completed four years later in February of 199100. While the second phase of this project was completed the following year in December of 1991. The official cost for the entire Helms Facility – Special Medical building was nearly $73 million.

The Helms Facility – Special Medical has a minimum-security unit that is nestled just outside the fence that can house up to 5100 inmates. The Helms Facility – Special Medical currently sites on around 157 acres of land.

Shortly after phase one of the Helms Facility – Special Medical was complete the facility started receiving their first inmates. The Helms Facility – Special Medical design received the Georgia Society of Architects of the American Institute of Architects Hone Award of Design Excellence reward in 199100.

The Helms Facility – Special Medical is designed to house up to 1689 inmates at one given time.  The Helms Facility – Special Medical employs over 37100 staff members. These staff members will consist of correctional officers, administrative members, among other crucial roles inside the Helms Facility – Special Medical.

The demographics of the Helms Facility – Special Medical typically stay around 66% of the inmates are white, while the other 34% of the inmates are black.

The Helms Facility – Special Medical has a daily cost of $46.61 per inmate. The annual cost per inmate comes in just over $17,100100100. The Helms Facility – Special Medical has an annual operating budget of $23 million.

Inmate Mailing Address

Inmate Name, ID, Housing #
Helms Facility - Special Medical
1275 Constitution Road SE, Atlanta, GA, 30316

Helms Facility – Special Medical Prison Information

Inmate Records Search

Find Arrest & Court records, Mugshots and Contact Info.

Jail Name Helms Facility – Special Medical
Jail Type State Prison
State Georgia
County Dekalb County
Web Page website
Address 1275 Constitution Road SE, Atlanta, GA, 30316
City Atlanta
Zip 30316
Phone 404-624-2413

Directions

Refer the map below to find the driving directions.